Tuesday, October 16, 2012

It seems weird that this is my new life, not because of now different it is but because of how easy I have settled in to it.  The new manners and customs are second nature now and I'm not homesick at all.  I've gotten past the phase where everything is new and interesting and its not like everything is perfect (I still despise the bus, early mornings' and school on Saturday).  But everything i do here fells like its always been that way.  An example is I spent most of may conversations straining to barely understand and that just part of learning a new language but when reminisce about hanging out with friends back home i think " how was I ever able to say I have no clue what those words are, oh wait I could talk to my friends in English DUH".
Ive started to have little moments where I think in Italian without continuous effort.  My current example of this is a story about where my teachers fail to communicate with me because they insist on speaking terrible English instead of Italian. So I've told this story to my host brother and parents and my friends, and all of these time in Italian with a few quotes English, then im telling my mom this same story and Im like wait how the hell does this part of in English. 

No comments:

Post a Comment