Friday, September 7, 2012

My First Day

 During my first day in Italy, while still adjusting to my new life, My host Brother Giuseppe took me into the city of Pisa.  Because teens can't drive until they are 18 we had to take the bus.  The bus is very similar to our bus but it is slightly nicer, the seats have actual cushions and its closer to a tour bus, however it is more expensive. We talked on the bus in Italian, although Giuseppe had to help me with a lot of words I didn't know, I was still proud of my self.  Once in Pisa we walked from the bus stop to the cathedral.  there it was very touristy and crowded.  But while there I had to take the cliche. Leaning tower of Pisa photo right next to all the tourists.
After that we walked to the Bank to deal with my money.  while there I noticed it really wasn't that different from banks back home.  We walked from the Cathedral to my host fathers office where we waited for him and talked with him about the bank.  after that we left to take the bus back home.  At the bus stop we determined it was gonna be long wait so we got a drink at a little bar(like a cafe) around the block there I tried a new drink(below) which was tea with peach.  I was very similar to Arizona tea just smaller and like everything else here more expensive.  Once home we had lunch which was much more formal.  The whole eats together and there are multiple courses.  The food was really good.  We had rolled meat with some sauce 
 and french fries as well as salad and green beans.  it was all delicious.  The only thing about the food of the meal that was odd is that they have fruit kinda as a dessert or final course and I'm used having something much more sugary but its healthier so its good.  And for when my sweet to needs it I still have half a kilo of chocolate from duty free. 



No comments:

Post a Comment