Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Last Day


Today was my last day in Santa Cruz so I decided to spend it the best way I could, surfing and hanging out with my friends.  I woke up and had breakfast with my host brother Micheal then went to meet at my friend(Left) Devon's house where we debated for ages where to go surfing and settled on going to Waddell and the Manresa if it wasn't so good.  Once Rose(Right) got there we loaded up our boards and headed out.  After a fairly long fun drive there we arrive and see gorgeous wave that are not too crowded.  We suited up and charge out.  It turns in to a really awesome session which is sadly short because it is really cold at this break because of upwelling so we go in after 2 hours.  I had to get a quick picture of us to post(above) before we set off to meet some more friends down south at Manresa beach. So we go for another fairly long drive cranking the heat full blast with the windows down curisin' along Highway One makes for a very enjoyable drive.  Once we arrived an Manresa I had to convince them that we did in fact need to to take the longboards down and go surf the stupid shore break.  It turned out to be much more fun than expected.  When we went down there and met up with April and Sophie and surfed small beach break waves for a few more hours.  After shredding those tiny knee high waves for a while we went back home when we all parted ways and I went off to meet my parents for one last family dinner.  We had a nice dinner at one of our local favorites.  After that I met up with my best friend Thomas to waste a way the night chilling till all hours of the morning.  Sadly all good thing have to end so Thomas headed home an hour or so a go and I am sitting here debating weather I should get a little sleep or just stay up 36 hours and hope I can make it to my plane tomorrow afternoon, I hope no one finds me asleep in the airport missing my flight.  Today was an amazing last day, as I said my final good byes to  my friends and prepare to go.  I am actually feeling nervous for this whole trip for the first time.  It still doesn't quite seem real that I won't be at to my home for 10 months and I wont see my friends out side of a computer screen for that long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment